Street style vegetable hakka noodles is a indo – Chinese dish that is very popular in India. This recipe is quick and easy, cooked noodles with a flavorful veggie stir fry, honestly it can’t get any easier than that. This is great on its own or can be served along with my Gobi Manchurian or any other indo Chinese dishes.
This dish has a little bit of tang and spiciness to it. If you’ve had this dish before you know that “street style” is hard to achieve, but the garlic and chili sauce is what makes this dish pop! I used my bomb sauce instead of the typical “chili sauce” that a lot of recipes call for. I’m not a huge fan of those sauces because of all the added BS ingredients don’t really have achieve that “chili” flavor. My bomb sauce is super easy and has nothing but REAL ingredients, its gives the noodles the chili garlic taste it needs without over powering it too much. Click here for the recipe.
DID YOU MAKE THIS DISH?
If you make this dish, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thetableofspice or hashtag #thetableofspice or both! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Street Style Hakka Noodles
very popular in India. This recipe is quick and easy, cooked noodles
with a flavorful veggie stir fry, honestly it can’t get any easier than
that. This is great on its own or can be served along with my Gobi
Manchurian or any other indo Chinese dishes.
- 1 package Chings hakka noodles
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup onions julienne sliced
- ¼ cup carrots julienne sliced
- ¼ cup bell peppers julienne sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp jalapenos minced
- 3 tsp sambal or my bomb sauce
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Boil the noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and
drizzle some oil over the noodles, this will help the noodles from
sticking. Set aside.
- In a pan on med-high heat up 2 tbsp oil, add the carrots and bell peppers. Let this cook for 2 mins.
- Next add in the onions, jalapeños, peas, salt and pepper. Stir continuously and let this cook for 2 mins.
- Add the rest of the seasoning.(sambal, soy sauce,hoisin sauce, sugar,
lemon juice and toasted sesame oil.) After you add all the ingredients
turn off the stove and add the garlic.
- Add the noodles and mix until well incorporated. Best when served
immediately or warm. Garnish with scallions and cilantro if you like.
- Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand, mushrooms, broccoli, green beans etc.
- Using mixed frozen veggies is perfect, saves time and also you get more variety of different veggies than you normally would use or even have on hand.
- I used hakka noodles, but you can use gluten free noodles or glass noodles instead.
- For added protein, chicken and shrimp go very well with this dish.
- While the noodles are cooking, prep your veggies and get your ingredients prepared.