When life gives you over ripe bananas you make chocolate banana bread! I promise you this is the only way I’ll ever eat banana bread again, its super moist like a chocolate cake and has hints of banana bread flavors and texture. I do have a recipe for my ultimate banana bread if you want to check that out, but I still think you need to try this recipe out. It’s a dump and go type of recipe, I do recommend sifting the coco powder but other than that you can mix everything in one bowl and throw in a loaf pan or even muffin tins and bake it. This recipe can be egg less and GF, check out my notes below!
DID YOU MAKE THIS DISH?
If you make this dish, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thetableofspice or hashtag #thetableofspice or both! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1&½ cups 2-3 large brown bananas mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup coco powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup oil vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda or baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg *egg sub; 1/4 cup yogurt
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips or walnuts over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes clean, you just don't want a lot of gooey batter in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Let the bread cool and into slices and serve. Enjoy!
- The bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 day or place in a air tight container.
- I used Hersheys unsweetened 100% cocoa powder.
- Replace the egg with 1/4 cup yogurt, you can use full fat or greek yogurt.
- If baking in muffin tray, bake at 350F for 30 mins.